Affiliate Assistant Professor
My research interests include migration and displacement, ethnicity and nationalism, memory, violence, human rights, Muslim societies and Islam.
- Perez, Michael Vicente. "Why The Gaza Electricity Crisis is a Human Rights Violation," American Anthropological Association Committee for Human Rights, http://humanrights.americananthro.org/electricity-limited-in-the-gaza-strip/
- Perez, Michael Vicente. "Executive Disorder: Living the Ban in Seattle," Cultural Anthropology, https://culanth.org/fieldsights/1184-executive-disorder-living-the-ban-in-seattle
- Perez, Michael Vicente. "Book Review: The Anthropology of Islam Reader, Edited by Jens Kreinath." Sociology of Islam 1.3-4 (2014): 277-80. Web.
- Pérez, Michael Vicente. "Between Religion and Nationalism in the Palestinian Diaspora." Nations and Nationalism Nations Natl 20.4 (2014): 801-20. Web.
- Pérez, Michael Vicente. "Human Rights and the Rightless: The Case of Gaza Refugees in Jordan." The International Journal of Human Rights15.7 (2011): 1031-054. Web.
Summer 2017 Full-term
- Faculty | Staff News 2013 - April 1, 2013